AAU Swimming adds a Director of Club Development
The AAU Aquatics Committee is excited to announce Rich Rogers as the new Swimming Director of Club Development. The goal of this position is to develop new relationships and new opportunities for our current and potential members to grow the overall AAU Swimming program.
Rich has a long history in aquatics. He has a strong track record of designing, implementing and maintaining programs that have a positive impact on the long-term development of successful competitive swimmers. As a coach, Rogers has led the development of multiple large and highly successful swim clubs. “Rich”, as he likes to be known, has also designed, developed and oversaw successful swim schools as well. He brings a lot of experience in every phase of aquatics to the AAU. “ I am excited to be working with the AAU to try to bring the lifelong benefits of swimming to even more members of our society” Rogers continued, ”...I look forward to sharing what I have learned over my lifetime in the sport and help build the sport any way I can”.
Rich has worked successfully with every level of athlete in the sport of swimming. Below are some of his coaching achievements.
- ·Has developed a Junior National Champion and Record Holder in every stroke.
- ·Has coached dozens National Age Group Champions and Record Holders
- ·Has help place swimmers on USA and other nation’s National Teams
- ·Has coached hundreds of of Masters (adults 18+) “All American” swimmers
- ·Has coached numerous Masters National and World Champions and Record Holders
- ·Led his clubs to numerous Top 10 Junior National Championship finishes
- ·Led his club to a USA Swimming Junior National Championship in 2006
The AAU Aquatics Program is excited to have Rich join the Executive Committee; he will bring fresh, new ideas to the Swimming program and with his many connections in the Swimming community, we know that he will have a very positive impact. We look forward to seeing where the AAU Swimming program will go from here. Please welcome Rich to AAU Swimming.